Growth Group Questions
September 17, 2017
Text: Genesis 2:18-15 and 1 Corinthians 6
Title: Transgenderism – Grappling with our Identity
- Football season has begun. If you were on a remote island and could only watch one sport on your phone – which would it be and why.
- How would you describe your attitude toward the current culture – fear, anger, shock, etc – and why.
- What does it mean to be “salt and light” in the time in which we live? Name some specific ways we should seek to penetrate the world we serve (office, farm, school – be specific) with the gospel.
- Is Transgenderism a concern for you? If so, why?
- How do you see Transgenderism in light of Genesis and 1 Corinthians 6 (and other biblical texts)?
- What is the message the body of Christ should communicate to the world in light of modern culture? Think of your answer in light of how the people of the New Testament functioned in their culture. How do we effectively communicate that message?
- If someone asked you to describe your identity as a human being – how would you answer them and how does the Scripture influence that answer?
- What is the “Meta-Narrative” (big story) of the Bible and how does this discussion fit into that story?